Chris McMillan has significant experience in the commercial construction industry and an in-depth knowledge of design and construction fundamentals. Chris applies his background in construction project management and design to advocate for prompt and equitable resolution of complex multiparty disputes involving private and public works projects. His broad interdisciplinary construction practice spans all major industry segments including civil, architectural, structural and MEP design, construction defects, contract and payment disputes, and schedule disputes for owners, contractors, suppliers and design professionals. Chris is also certified as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Representation of owners, developers, universities, government entities and contractors and design professionals in complex multiparty litigation and arbitration matters encompassing a wide range of issues arising from commercial, industrial, medical, transportation, infrastructure, multi-family, condominium and residential projects.
- Representation of civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing design professionals in construction litigation matters involving contract, tort and professional liability insurance defense.
- Preparation and negotiation of complex construction contracts and related general conditions on commercial, institutional and hospitality projects.
- Counsel on transactional matters involving the interpretation and construction of contract clauses, payment terms, pass-through provisions, insurance requirements and risk shifting strategies.
- Managed and fiscally responsible for over $45 million in commercial construction projects throughout Central Texas.
Professional & Community Service
- Young Men’s Business League of Austin (Programs Committee, Co-Chair)
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- St. Mary's University School of Law - J.D., 2012
- Texas A&M University - B.S., Construction Science, 2007